I whipped this up today for a quick lunch and thought I’d share it. I did add some canned crabmeat and finished it with a touch of soy sauce.
Quick Egg Drop Soup
This is a quick and dirty version of Egg Drop soup.
- 2 quart pot
- 4 Cups Chicken Broth
- 1 Chicken Bullion Cube
- 1 Tbsp Fresh grated ginger or 1 tsp of ground ginger
- 2 Scallions – diced
- 1-2 Tbsp Water
- 2 Tbsp Corn Starch
- 1 Egg
- 2 Egg Whites
- 1 Tsp White Pepper
- 1 Tbsp Sesame Oil
- 1 Tbsp Vinegar
- Combine the Chicken Broth, bullion, ginger and scallions into the pot and bring to a boil
- Mix corn starch and water in a bowl and stir until smooth
- RAPIDLY STIR the soup and slowly add the corn starch mixture to the pot.
- Simmer until thickened
- Add the pepper to the eggs, and whisk them to break them up a bit
- RAPIDLY STIR the soup and slowly pour the eggs into the pot, a little at a time
- Stir the sesame oil and vinegar into the pot
- Serve in a bowl with scallions.
- Add a can of crabmeat or shrimp
- Use Schezuan Pepper Vinegar (available from Amazon)