The Bloody Caesar is Canada’s version of a Bloody Mary, but made with Clamato juice instead of tomato juice. There’s something special about sipping a Caesar in the morning that really helps get your day going…though I recommend the virgin variety to help avoid those unexpected morning naps!
My Bloody Caeser
- 1 can Clamato Juice
- 1 tsp Grated Horseradish Jar is fine
- 1 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp Red Wine Vinegar or Rice Wine Vinegar
- 1 tsp Mott's Clamato Seasoning alternatives listed below
- 2-4 oz Vodka Optional – I prefer Russian Standard
- Mix all ingredients together and pour over ice, Omit vodka for a Virgin Caeser
- For a true Caesar experience, rim the glass with Clamato Seasoning
- You can add pickle juice, hot sauce or even jalapeño juice for an added bite. A touch of celery salt also adds an interesting dimension.
Clamato Seasoning alternatives
- This can be hard to find in the US, so some alternatives I have seen are: Montreal Steak Seasoning, Salt, Pepper and Garlic Powder