Silver Lake was the seafood restaurant I grew up with – special occasions always had us at the oyster bar with a steamed peck, a basket of hush puppies, and a big bowl of their famous cocktail sauce! Unfortunately they’re closed now, and with it went the most unique sauce I ever tasted!
I have been trying to duplicate this sauce for years, and I’m close – it still needs something, but this version is the closest I’ve come to what I remember. I named it #1 because I may try to improve on it, but this is still pretty awesome!
Silver Lake Cocktail Sauce
- 1 cup catsup
- 1/4 cup Prepared Horseradish
- 1 tsp Hot sauce Franks or Texas Pete
- 1-2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Worcestershire Sauce
- Salt & Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Microwave for 1 minute, stir and microwave for an additional minute (watch carefully, it may pop/burn if rushed)